RE: Implementing an Analysis to notify when a device is inside of a geofence

RE: Implementing an Analysis to notify when a device is inside of a geofence

@Steven Flaxman

Hi Filipe

Thank you for responding to my query. But again the advice you give does not get to the core of my problem. I have successfully created a analysis that checks if device A is within a geofence and sends a notification if it is not. I have successfully created a analysis if device A is is with in multiple geofences with notifications as well.

This has been possible because in the map widget i am able to add blue print devices with a location variable. This allows the map widget to display many device on the map.
add device

I am also able to add a geofence variable for only one device. This variable can store up to 10 geofences. Let me reinforce this statement, this geofence variable is only for device A , this means that device B does not have a geofence variable.
add geofence1

As such i am unable to write analytics to check if device b is within the geogence.

Let me try to explain it another way.

When device A updates the bucket variables due to TTN update it updates the location variable and the tagoIO action is triggered which runs an analysis to check if device A is with in the geofence which is stored in the geofence variable on the bucket which gets updated from the map widget when the user edits it.
When device B updates the bucket variable due to TTN update it updates the location variable and the tagoIO action is triggered which runs an analysis to check if device B is with in the geofence which should be in the geofence variable but there isn’t one.

Maybe i don’t understand this correctly. Please help me to understand.

Thanks
Flaxie