Navigate between dashboards using links in tables

Navigate between dashboards using links in tables

@Aline Tusi

In this post, I will show you 2 options of how you can add links in tables in order to navigate between dashboards.

Option number 1:

For this example, I will be using a Static table.

Go to one of your dashboards > click on the Edit mode (pencil displayed on the right of the menu) > click on the + plus button to add a widget:

Then > select your type of widget (in this case the Static table)

Now you just to need to fill the fields.

The title is the table name.
On the Table, layout select the type Text and paste your link in the line below.

After you save it your table will be displayed like this:

Option number 2:
For the second example, I will be using a Dynamic table, which is possible to use a layer to the link display.

Go to one of your dashboards > click on the Edit mode (pencil displayed on the right of the menu) > click on the + plus button to add a widget:

Then > select your type of widget (in this case the Dynamic table)

Now you just to need to fill the fields.

The title is the table name.
Select your device to execute this operation > create a variable to save the value (our link).

After you save this configuration, the widget will be displayed like this:

Now we need to send our dashboard links to the table, to do such a thing I’m going to use the device Emulator to send the metadata with an URL to the table.

TIP: Notice that I put different times between each date. I did this because I will send it all together and by doing this I avoid they group themselves on the table.
[
{

"variable": "links", 

"value": "Dash test", 

"time": "2019-12-17 12:00:00", 

"metadata":{ 

"url": "https://admin.tago.io/public/dashboard/5da89e4f0ce04c001b449257/c9aa206c-b088-42df-9951-50d2e2216e14" 

} 

}
]

Just send the data, this way the dashboard links will be displayed on the table like this:

TIP: Links that don’t begin with https://admin.tago.io will have the “external box link” as I highlighted in the image above.

That’s it! I hope this post may help you a little bit.

Please, left your comments below, see you!