How to provision Wi-Fi with TagoRUN

How to provision Wi-Fi with TagoRUN

@Kelvin Welter

A very useful feature available on TagoRUN is the option of setting up a Wi-Fi device (provisioning) through the TagoRUN app. I come to this post to talk a little more about it and to include some documentations so you can take advantage of it.

What are the uses of this feature?

Many TagoIO users have HTTP / HTTPS devices, thinking about this and knowing that these devices are often tricky to set up to connect to your local network, we have implemented an option for users to use the TagoRUN as a connection interface between their network. your local HTTP / HTTPS device.

The main advantage is that you can use this feature if you are an enthusiast or you are a device manufacturer that wants to make easier for customers to setup new devices on the local network. Through a quick setup on your TagoRUN, you can go to the app and use it as a connection interface for your device.

One example of use is that of a device manufacturer that sells their devices and instructs buyers to download the TagoRUN app, access the manufacturer’s RUN, and connect their devices to their local network through the mobile App (Apple or Google OS)

How it works?

• When you turn on your new HTTP / HTTPS device, it creates its own Wi-Fi network

• While setting up a new device, the TagoRUN app will ask you to connect your phone to that device’s Wi-Fi network.

• After you connect to this network that the physical device generated the TagoRUN application will send the main connection information to the device.

• The device will then close the Wi-Fi network it has created and will connect to your primary Wi-Fi network.

This is the simplified process for a better understanding, the TagoRUN app can be considered as an interface between your Wi-Fi network and your device.

How can I use this feature?

For you to use this feature you need to have an HTTP / HTTPS device with you, otherwise you will be unable to test this feature. If you have such a device with you that is not yet set up on your local network, we have prepared a PDF documentation explaining step by step what you need to do to set up your device on your Wi-Fi network.

You can get the PDF from this link: Wi-Fi with TagoRUN Documentation

I hope you enjoyed the post and if you are interested in the feature, if you had any problems while using this feature, please send me your question in response to this post and I will help you.

Thanks!