Creating new variables in a widget

Creating new variables in a widget

@Aline Tusi

Hello, today I’m going to explain how you can create new variables directly in a widget.

Imagine a situation in which you already have your device and you need to add a new variable to display on a widget. To do so, follow the steps below:

In the Main configuration tab of your widget, inform the new variable name; in this example, I’m going to create the “email” variable.

TIP: Notice the yellow exclamation icon, it’s an informative message to warn you that this new variable doesn’t exist in this bucket; however, it will be created when the device sends it.
I created an input form and a dynamic table widget to show how the new variables are displayed without data.

Once I sent data with my new variable, the variable will be created in my bucket and it will be displayed on the dynamic table like on the image below:

That’s it! You have already created a new variable!

By the way, if you want to see the variables on the bucket, go to Buckets, select your bucket, and go to variables; all the variables that you have on your bucket will be on display here.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and if you have any suggestions or questions, please send your comments below!
Cheers!