Auto Scaling option to save cost and avoid service interruptions

Services overview

If you built your application on the TagoIO platform, you should be aware of the services provided by the platform. If not, take a look at this article: https://tago.elevio.help/en/articles/115

The limits (provision) for each service should be defined according to the usage estimation. If you choose a limit that is too low for your application, you may end up having problems with your application in case your account exceeds that limit.

To prevent issues, the TagoIO platform provides the auto scaling option. This option is a valuable tip that I give to those who already use the services so that there can be no disruption to your application.

But what is auto scaling?

Auto scaling is an option provided by the TagoIO platform that is intended to prevent your application from stopping when it exceeds profile service limits. To prevent this event, users who have auto scaling enabled, when exceeding their service limits will automatically have be upgraded to the next tier.

For example, if you have a data entry service limit set to 5,000 / h and you eventually exceed that number, your limit will automatically be increased to the next tier that would be 10,000 / h.

I liked this feature, how can I use it?

To use this feature, just go to your profile settings and enable the “Auto Scaling” option in the services you want, after that just save the changes you made.

Keep in mind that you must have an valid credit card registered in your account for the Auto scale to work. If you don’t have one, click the “Billing” option shown in the upper right corner of the image above and enter the “Payment Method” tab to set up a credit card for your account.

Note: Auto Scale only goes to next limit tier once. Then, you need to manually enable again.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble about this feature and I will be happy to help you!

Thanks!